I just love the smell of food cooking. The aroma fills the air and makes me so hungry. I can remember as a child being grossed out by the amount of fat in this stew but the older me LOVES it now. The fat melts in your mouth with each bite. DROOL. The eggs and rice absorb the sweet broth.
So ready or not! Make your Caramelized pork!
- Pressure Cooker
- 2 Lbs Pork Belly
- 2 Lbs Pork Butt or shoulder
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 3-4 Slices Galangal
- 3-4 Slices Ginger
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 10-12 Eggs
- Black sweet and salty Soy Sauce (with orange cap)
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Water
- Eggs:Boil eggs till ready or pressure cook them for 5 minutes. Use rack on manual high pressure.Peel the eggs and place them in a large zip block bag. Marinate with black soy sauce. Use generous amount so each egg is nice and dark. Let it marinate over night or at least 8 hours. If you're in a rush, 30 minutes will be okay.
- PorkCut the pork belly and butt/shoulder into 1 inch pieces. place in a large bowl.Salt. Use generous amount of soy sauce to marinate pork. Leave over night or 8 hours. 30 minutes if you're in a rush.
- Directions:After 8 hours of marinating, place pork into pressure cooker. Make sure to get as much of the sauce into the pressure cooker too.Cut the fresh ginger and galangal into 3-4 pieces. Place into pressure cooker.Mince garlic and fry them till brown. Place in pressure cooker.Pour coconut milk into pressure cooker.
- Sugar:In a small pan, melt the sugar on low. Once the sugar starts to brown and caramelize into a syrup, carefully add water into the sugar. This is going to harden the sugar as the cool water hardens the sugar. Turn the heat on medium and let the sugar and water cook for about 5 minutes or until melted.If the sugar has not melted after 5 minutes, it's okay. Carefully pour the sugar into the pressure cooker. It will melt while being cooked.
- Pressure Cooker Instructions:10-15 minutes: cook on saute 25-30 minutes: set on Manuel high pressureAdd the eggs just before you eat!
- No Instant PotThe instructions will be the same but instead of an instant pot, you'll put it in a big pot.10-15 minutes: sautee on high25-30 minutes: cook on medium. Check to see the pork is nice and tender. Add eggs before eating